A business that has been around a long time is often seen as reputable, reliable, and honest. With that being said, Dan Wood Company has been around for many years, passed from generation to generation. Our services are not limited by the skills of our technicians because we hire the best in each discipline. From heating and cooling, to drainage, plumbing, and well services, we have you covered!
Save on ductless mini split installations with our coupons.
What is a Ductless Mini Split AC System?
You may never have heard of a ductless mini-split AC system, but that is mainly because it has not become commonplace in the United States. The technology has been around for a number of years and is widely used in densely populated countries that use every bit of space in the home.
Ductless mini split AC systems are cooling systems that work similarly to traditional units with an outside and inside component. The inside component of a ductless system blows the warm air from your home over evaporator coils. The refrigerant in these coils will then bring the heat to the outside component. The outside component is where the refrigerant dumps the heat.
The biggest difference is the fact that a ductless mini split system is… ductless. This basically means that it does not require ductwork to run throughout the home. You might be wondering if this means a ductless system will work to cool an entire home, and the answer is yes! Multiple indoor units can connect to a single outdoor unit in order to provide cooling to the whole home.
Benefits of Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
Although these systems do work similarly to traditional air conditioners, it is important to note the key benefits in choosing this type of cooling for your home:
- Zone control- usually when an air conditioner says ‘zone control’ it means various areas of the home, but not specific rooms. Ductless mini split systems can be adjusted in every single room that they are installed. This means a higher level of comfort for all residents
- Lower electricity bills- because of the zone control that a ductless mini split offers, rooms that aren’t in use can be switched off, saving energy and money. Because these units do not rely on ducts to distribute air, there is no efficiency lost either. In heating and cooling, efficiency is the name of the savings game!
- Dual purpose- ductless mini split AC systems can also be used as a heating system in cooler months
- Better air quality- air ducts require regular cleaning and upkeep to maintain air quality. Ductless air conditioners and heaters generally incorporate multi-stage filtration that removes contaminants such as dust, dander, pollen, and mold
- Longevity- traditional air conditioning units last on average 10-15 years. Ductless mini split systems can last upwards of 20!
Call the Pros Who Know
If you are in the market for a new air conditioning unit or are looking for ways to lessen your carbon footprint, a ductless mini split AC system might be for you! Our skilled technicians can help make your decision a bit easier without making you feel pushed into one type of unit or another.
Our goal is to make your home comfortable and efficient no matter the unit you choose.
Visit our reviews page to see what some of our past customers have to say about our work.