Not every HVAC company is skilled at working on boilers but if this is the type of heating used in your home, you need technicians that have the know-how. Any repairman that does work on a boiler must be certified to do so. This means that you cannot perform repairs yourself. Unfortunately, when they happen to break, it's not always during normal business hours. Luckily, Dan Wood Company has skilled technicians on staff to provide emergency service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to keep your home warm no matter the hour.
Save on all your boiler needs with our coupons.
The Difference Between Furnaces and Boilers
Both furnaces and boilers serve similar purposes: to heat your home and provide comfort during winter months. Other than sharing the same purpose, they perform their jobs completely differently. Furnaces heat air and distribute the warm air through the ductwork in your home. Boilers heat water which is then sent through pipes that are located in the floor, baseboards, or walls.
Benefits of Choosing a Boiler for Your Home
Although the initial cost of installing a boiling system in your home may be high, there are numerous ways it can be made up throughout the life of the unit. Aside from breaking down the associated costs, these systems have other benefits over furnaces and other heating systems:
- Efficiency- when hot air moves through ductwork, a good portion of the temperature is lost; hot water flowing through piping loses far less heat. This means that a boiler is more efficient, burns less fuel, and ultimately will save money on your electric bills
- Constant temperatures- because hot water is continuously pumped throughout the home, heat is distributed evenly with each room feeling the same warmth as the next
- Comfortable warmth- furnaces provide warmth as they are supposed to, however, they do tend to dry the air. Boilers do not remove the moisture from the air which keeps skin from drying out and becoming itchy
- Allergens and dust- because these units do not blow hot air around your home, they won’t inadvertently blow allergens, dust, and other contaminants into the air.
- Less maintenance- of course, it is advisable to have your boiler, furnace, or heating system checked out once per year. However, a boiler does not have air filters that need to be changed or checked
Keeping Your Family Warm Since 1908
Dan Wood Company has provided boiler services to the Portage area since 1908. With that many years in the industry comes a lot of experience. The experience we have is in all areas of heating, cooling, plumbing, electrical, well services, and drainage. If you’re in the market for a new heating system, let our professionals help you choose the best one for your home. Not only can we recommend types of heating systems, but the brands and proper sizing for your home as well. Our recommendations aren’t empty suggestions--they are tried and true. Once you’ve decided on the type of system you need, we can also install, repair, and maintain the unit!
Be sure to visit our reviews page to see what our happy customers are saying about our work.