The heater in your home is vital for keeping warm and safe in the Portage winter. The last thing you want is to flip on your system only to find it’s blowing cold air in the middle of the night. So what should you do as a homeowner to stay safe? At Dan Wood Company we are your reliable heating contractors. We offer high-quality heating repair service and maintenance plans that can restore your heat and keep your system running strong for longer. Our work is backed by many years of industry knowledge and we guarantee your satisfaction with every service.
Save on your heating needs with our coupons and specials.
Signs You Need Heating Repair Service
Most of our heating repair calls are generally an emergency, which means these issues have been ignored long enough they’ve shut the heating system down completely. As a homeowner you should always be on the lookout for signs your heating system is in need of repair. The most common ones include:
- High Energy Costs: Your heating and cooling system is always going to be on the larger consumers of electricity in your home. With that being said, any large spike in costs that are linked to your heater struggling to heat your home should be a cause for concern.
- Noisy Heating System: Heaters aren’t the quietest appliance in your home, but they also should not be the loudest. Screeching, grinding, and banging are all signs that some component is damaged inside your system.
- Fluctuating Temperatures: Is your air sometimes sauna hot and other times lukewarm at best? While the thermostat regulates the temperatures inside your home, the internal components of your heater are still responsible for producing them. Fluctuating temperatures throughout the day could be an indication the heating element is damaged in some way.
- System Cycles On and Off: This is a very common symptom of a heater on its last legs. If your heater turns on and off multiple times without really changing the indoor temperature, there could be an electrical failure on the way.
- System Older than 10-Years: While many homeowners would like to keep their same heating system for years, the fact of the matter is that after about 10-years, your heater could start struggling to work properly. While repairs can get it back in working order, it may not always be the best course of action.
While there are no hard and fast rules associated with heater repair, the most important thing is to always be on the lookout. Anytime your heater is not working as it should be sure to give our heating contractors a call - we’ll be there to help.
How Can Maintenance Help?
One way to prevent emergencies and to keep your heater working efficiently is through heater maintenance. At Dan Wood Company we can help you schedule a routine maintenance plan that can be scheduled in advance. These services generally include a visual inspection, filter replacements, and minor repairs as needed.
Heater maintenance can have many benefits including improved energy performance, better indoor air quality, warmer temperatures, and an extended lifespan for your heater. Our heating experts are backed by over four generations of experience, so we know exactly how to keep your heater running for longer.
Choose Our Heating Contractors Today!
We are your heating repair company - serving Portage and the surrounding areas for many years! When you need detailed services that always puts you as the main priority, you can trust our contractors to get the job done. Best of all, because we know heater repair issues happen when we least expect them, we provide 24/7 emergency service.
Don’t just take our word for it. Visit our reviews page to see what some of our past customers have to say about our work.