Your water heater is vital for more than just taking a hot shower - especially when you have to wash greasy dishes. If your water heater is over 10 years old, you could be opening yourself up to the risk of an emergency hot water heater repair. At Dan Wood Company we have expert plumbers on hand that can not only help with water heater repairs, but also installations and maintenance to keep your system in top shape. With over four generations of experience, we can help you with every aspect of your water heating needs in no time!
Save on water heater replacement with our coupons.
Top Warning Signs You Need Water Heater Repair
The best way to prevent serious issues in your home is by detecting the need for hot water heater service before it becomes an emergency in your home. Some of the more common symptoms include:
- Fluctuating Water Temperatures: When you jump in the shower you expect a steady stream of hot water that never runs out. If instead, you’re getting temperatures that teeter between lukewarm and cool - before running out completely - it could be a warning sign that water heater repair is on the horizon.
- High Energy Bills: The older an appliance is, the less efficient it gets over time. If you’re seeing a steady increase in energy consumption on a monthly basis, and you’re not doing anything outside of the ordinary, that old water heater could be to blame.
- Water Leaks: Because water heaters are constantly in contact with water, they could deteriorate over time. When you find yourself with a hot water tank leaking water, it could lead to significant water damage to your home and belongings.
- Bathtub Stains: Is your water running rusty? Rust stains could be a real eyesore in your home and it could also be damaging porcelain found in sinks, tubs, and toilets. If there’s rust in your water it could mean that your water heater is deteriorating - a serious concern for any homeowner.
- Low Capacity: The water heater that was originally installed in your home was not designed to keep up with a growing family and modern appliances. If you’re continually running out of hot water mid-shower, then chances are your unit is not properly sized for the needs of your home.
At Dan Wood Company we are your water heater service experts. We’ll always perform thorough inspections, find the source of the problem, and get it fixed in no time. If the issue is too severe and water heater replacement is needed, you can count on us to help you through the entire process.
The Benefits of Hot Water Heater Installation
So your water heater is too old or damaged for repairs? A hot water heater installation doesn't have to be a stressful experience when you work with installation experts. Not only can we help you find the right unit for your home, but also because we are a full-service home company, we can help you with the plumbing and electrical wiring too! With a new water heater installed in your home you’ll enjoy:
- Improved energy efficiency
- Larger hot water capacity
- Mitigated risk of water leaks and damage
- Higher water pressure
- Added property value
Our plumbing contractors can also help you find a larger unit for your home if you’re planning on upgrading, in addition to being able to install any new hot water pipes needed to power additional appliances in your home.
Choose Dan Wood Company
A family tradition since 1908, we at Dan Wood Company take serving our neighbors in and around the Portage area seriously. As homeowners we understand how essential a water heater is to your comfort. That’s why we’re always around to help with water heater repairs and maintenance. For all our new water heater installation services, we also back our work with our customer warranties, so if there’s ever an issue in the future, we’ll be there to help.
Don’t just take our word for it. Visit our reviews page to see what our happy customers are saying before scheduling your next appointment.