As far as plumbing issues go, a water leak can be one of the more damaging issues you can face. Not only are they sometimes hard to detect, because they can occur out of sight, but more often than not, they cause significant damage to your home. Whether it’s mold growth or low water pressure, you’ll need immediate main water line repair to avoid any further damage in your home. At Dan Wood Company we offer to pinpoint accurate water leak detection services that give us an opportunity to get to the source of your issues and repair them as quickly as possible.
Save on your new plumbing repair with our coupons and specials.
Signs You Have a Water Leak
The best way to avoid emergencies and keep plumbing repairs at bay is to keep an eye out for any plumbing issues. A water leak is one of those issues that offers plenty of warning signs including:
- Low Water Pressure: Your entire plumbing system is interconnected and powered by water pressure. If there is a water leak somewhere in that system, you’ll notice it quickly because of the drop in water pressure. As water leaks from one pipe, it struggles to reach fixtures and faucets.
- Sound of Running Water: Are you continually hearing the sound of running water even when your fixtures are closed? This happens often when the main water line is damaged - as water continues to flow through your home’s plumbing system - leading to the sound.
- Hot Spots: If a hot water line is leaking under your floor it could cause warm spots in your home. While it may feel nice in the winter time, it could be a sign that water is leaking into the foundation of your home.
- High Water Bills: If you’re like most homeowners you pay close attention to your monthly bills and costs. Any significant uptick in water consumption outside of the norm should always be a cause for concern.
- Mold and Mildew: Not only is mold and mildew unsightly and foul smelling in your home, but it could also be a health concern for you and your family. Mold growth stems from excess moisture and should always be addressed as quickly as possible.
At the first sign of any of these symptoms, be sure to give our plumbing contractors a call. Not only can we help locate the leak, but also we can perform the necessary main water line repair to fix the problem once and for all.
How is Leak Detection Performed?
So you have a water leak, now what? The most important part of fixing your plumbing is knowing exactly where the leak is occurring. This cuts down on damage to your home and also ensures you fix the issue the first time around. At Dan Wood Company we use a few different methods for water leak detection.
We always start with a visual inspection and pressure tests to determine what plumbing lines are the suspect ones. After we’ve narrowed down the location, we’ll often use video camera inspections to help pinpoint the problem. This ensures we always make accurate repairs that work best for your home and budget.
Main Water Line Repair & Replacements
A family tradition since 1908, we always put our over four generations of experience to work in your home. While we always do our best to solve problems with repairs, we can also help you with the main water line replacement as needed. Because we always start our work with accurate water leak detection, the repair solution is always long-lasting. Don’t just take our word for it.
Visit our reviews page to see what some of our happy customers have to say about our work.