The human body is comprised of around 60% water. With this said, water is one of the most important things our bodies can consume, as well as being used for washing dishes and clothing, showering, cooking, bathing, and brushing our teeth. Dan Wood Company understands the importance of having access to pure, clean water in your home. We’ve been in the heating and cooling, plumbing, drainage, and electrical business for many years, which gives us an edge over the competition. This longevity also shows our commitment to customer service and relationships.
Be sure to save on your next appointment with our coupons and specials.
Benefits of a Whole Home Water Filtration System
Of course, having access to clean, filtered drinking water is a wonderful reason to install a water filtration system. However, if that were the sole reason, a filtered water pitcher would work just fine. Here are a few other reasons to consider a whole home water filtration system:
- Environmentally friendly- opting for a whole home water filtration system means you’ll never have to buy bottled water again. Empty bottles are a huge source of waste and can take up to 450 years to degrade
- Better skin- constantly bathing in non-filtered water exposes you to chemicals such as chlorine and fluoride. These chemicals can make skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema worse
- Cost savings- in addition to helping the environment, not having to buy bottled water can quickly add to your money to your bank account
- Reduce plumbing repairs- unfiltered water is hard on appliances and pipes. Over time, it can cause damage to pipes and the appliances that use water
- Emergency preparedness- in the event of a natural disaster or a sewer line bursting near your home, you will not have to worry about stocking up on water, nor will you wonder if your tap water is safe to drink
- Lesser chance of illness- although gastrointestinal illnesses being spread through the water supply are not as common as they once were, it is still a possibility. When water isn’t treated properly, it is easy to consume these strands of bacteria, even if you’re just using the water to shower or brush your teeth. This bacteria can be removed through the water filtration process
Types of Water Filtration Systems
There are three main types of whole home water filtration systems on the market. These include activated carbon and cation exchange water filtration. Each type of water filter has their benefits and drawbacks and can range widely in cost. Working with a professional to decide which filtration system is best for you will allow you to get the best value for your money and keep your family from drinking tap water that may be unsafe.
Trust One of the Oldest Plumbing Contractors
Dan Wood Company may not be the oldest plumbing contractor in the nation or even in the Portage area… but we’re probably very close to it! We take pride in what we do and enjoy building relationships with our customers through years of service and dedication. Allow us to help you decide on the best whole home water filtration system for your family to enjoy the listed benefits and many more.
Also feel free to visit our reviews page to see what some of our past customers have to say about our work.